Friday, March 6, 2009

Every body likes a quicky! ;)

In a family like mine (half Italian/German and half Spanish) there are a few things you must know how to make well and garlic bread is one of them. Real garlic bread people, not hamburger buns with butter and garlic salt! :O) you know who you are!



I usually have a roasted garlic paste in my freezer, but I use it so much that I do run out from time to time as was the case today. But we were having pasta and I almost (because for some reason I have garlic salt in my pantry although I don't know if I have ever used it) made the above mentioned salty buns lol :) but i couldn't... so I heated a little olive oil and butter in a pan threw a few garlic cloves and parsley in the pan let the oil heat slowly (because as beautiful a thing as garlic can be, burnt garlic is as bad as burnt popcorn!) then I brushed the garlicky stuff on some day old chibatta bread (actually it was day old when I bought it 2 weeks ago and threw it in my freezer)and it came out well, not as good as roasted garlic would have but still it was better than anything you can buy in the freezer section and far better than the garlic salt mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment