Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tapenade

Tapenade is an olive spread, I use it all the time on bread, or in salads to give the olive flavor with out the big pieces of olive, I use it to top fish or chicken (actually why I made it today). It is a nice flavorful spread that gives a lot of punch. If you don't like olives you will not like this spread but if you are normal and like olives ;o) then you will love it.

Ok...so dump some olives, a clove or 2 of garlic (made into a paste) half a lemons worth of juice (or a splash from a bottle) about 2 teaspoons of capers (I am not the biggest caper fan so I think less is more here) a few anchovies WHAT.. HEY did she just say ANCHOVIES???? Is she out of her freaking mind I mean really who the heck eats anchovies?!?!?!?!? Yes people anchovies, and if you leave out this step I will know and I will haunt you.. anchovies do not make your food "fishy" you know what makes Worcestershire sauce so yummy on just about anything??? YEP anchovies! They are great in many sauces, they add so much flavor to your dishes and leaving them out would be a mistake.. but do what you will... OK so where was I... oh yes, olives, garlic, lemon juice, capers, anchovies, and basil to a food processor and let her rip... Oh and I added more calamata olives to this after taking the picture so I had about a half a jar of olives added to what you see here.



Give it a whirl and there you have it fast and fabulous!
Much like this post! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment